What is Shockwave Therapy?
Shockwave Therapy works by sending acoustic waves of energy into a targeted area. These waves and energy stimulate and promote pain relief and healing in the damaged or strained tissue resulting in faster recovery and relief. While prompting regeneration, Shockwave Therapy can treat acute and chronic conditions by stimulating a regenerative effect in areas such as your bones, tendons and other soft tissues.
Many physical medicine and rehabilitation professionals are using Shockwave therapy as an option before considering invasive procedures and surgery. Patients experiencing pain, discomfort and loss of mobility/function due to injury should consider shockwave therapy before exploring other methods which may have a high rate complication or prolong the time period of rehabilitation.
- Fast Pain Relief
- Mobility / Function Restoration
- Regeneration of Soft Tissues
Conditions / Areas of Treatment:
- Heel Spurs
- Knee Pain
- Carpal Tunnel
- Tendon/Ligament Pain/Injury
- Tennis Elbow (Lateral epicondyle)
- Golfer’s Elbow (Medial epicondyle)
- Shoulder Pain (Rotator cuff)
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Chronic Stress/Non-union Fractures
- Hip Pain (Greater trochanter)
- ED (Erectile Dysfunction)
- Kidney Stones